The Gulf Coast Children's Advocacy Center's Trauma Therapy Treatment Team (T4) provides specialized treatment to victims of child abuse, adult victims of child sexual abuse and sexual assault. Individual, group and therapy is available to victims, siblings, and non-offending caretakers. T4 utilizes empirically supported treatment, as clinically indicated, to assist in recovering from abuse, to prevent children’s developmental impairment because of the abuse, and to promote healthy, non-abusive relationships.
• A Masters degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology or other behavioral science (licensure required or working toward licensure).
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Interview children, family members and significant others as needed to obtain psychosocial information for clinical evaluations.
• Develop behaviorally specific treatment plans for all family members involved in the program.
• Provide therapy to child victims, siblings of victims, non-offending caregivers and offenders.
• Complete safety planning to prevent continued or future abuse.
• Monitor attendance, participation and progress of family members in treatment.
• Coordinate client services and referrals to community agencies.
• Attend case staffings, if applicable.
• Maintain client records, including the tracking of treatment goals and objectives.
• Complete closing summaries on all clients terminated from the program.
• Maintain six hours of child abuse training and two hours of sexual abuse training annually and report training in a timely manner to the designated Program Supervisor.
• All therapists must carry professional liability insurance.
Job Type: Contract
Location: Panama City, Fl
Compensation: $35.00 to $45.00/ billable hour
Please email resumes to Lindsey.Townsend@flhealth.gov